The St Magdalene distillery, also known as Linlithgow is situated in the village of the same name, between Edinburgh and Glasgow. St Magdalene was one of the oldest distilleries in the Lowland's, founded in 1797 and rather sadly closed in 1983. The site is now a small housing complex, and the only visible sign of the distillery left is the pagoda roof in one section. Wonderfully aromatic and quintessentially Lowland in style, St Magdalene is a delicate and citric malt with orange, lemon, pear and a subtle beeswax and marzipan flavour. This is an old G&M bottling from 2001.